How do you celebrate Father’s Day? How do you make such a special guy feel extra special? In this post,I gathered Best Father’s Day Activities that are simple and doable for the entire family.
Recently, my husband travelled for work and was away for 3 days. When we came to the airport to pick him up, my daughters were so giddy to see him. “It was weird not having you at home” my eldest told him. And my middle child won’t stop saying I miss you and I love you during the drive home.
What makes fathers so special? Yes, moms often get the noble prize for everything. But Dads have a unique way of loving the family- an energy that is so different yet invigorates the family like no one can.
Best Father’s Day Activities to Celebrate Dads
Food and Cooking
- Cook and prepare his favorites from breakfast to dinner. Make the entire day special with all his favorite home cooked meals.
- Make his favorite dessert. Bake his favorite cake or pastries for everyone to enjoy!
- Order his favorite take out. This is especially a treat if your dad is the designated cook of the family.
- Have a backyard BBQ. Burgers, hotdogs or steaks always win a man’s heart, don’t they?
- Breakfast in Bed. Dads love this too!
- Eat at his favorite restaurant. This maybe a classic but never fails to bring on joy to everyone.
- Have a pizza and chicken wings day. Like a game night but better!
- Go on a road trip. Pack some snacks, go for a drive and enjoy some sceneries.
- Go camping. Camping trips are a nice way to unplug and unwind. Dad sure needs it! Check out Why We Love Camping.
- Have a picnic Enjoy a nice weather with a delicious meal at a park.
- Plan a sports day for the whole family Schedule a day for the family to play dad’s favorite sports.
- Go for a bike ride. Be dad’s bike buddy on this special day.
Indoor and Cozy Activities
- Have a movie night with all his favorite snacks
- Give dad a chore-free day at home
- Rehearse and surprise dad with a performance from the little kids (children, grandkids, nephews and nieces)
- Invite family and friends for a potluck dinner
- Gift dad a shopping card to his favorite tool shop (for the handy-man dad)
- Take him shopping for a complete set of outfit Dad needs makeover more than he admits!
- Buy him a Coffee Shop gift card (for the coffee-lover)
- Buy him an auto parts gift card (for the car junkie dad)
- Gift him a Book store gift card (for the book lover dad)
- Have a the whole family chip in to buy dad one of his prized most wished for item. This will be an ultimate surprise!
Thoughtful Creations for Father’s Day
- Have all the kids create handmade Father’s Day cards. For dads, grandads and uncles! This will bring a smile to their faces.
- Give dad a personalized gift basket of all his favorites. An assortment of a his favorite stuff will surely delight him. Buy a simple basket from the dollar store and curate all his favorites!
- Record a Father’s day video greeting from all his kids and grandkids Perfect for the long distance dad and grandad.
- Record a Father’s day video from loved ones who live far away. Surprise dad with a collection video greeting from far away family and friends.
- Celebrate through a Zoom meeting with all loved ones. This one allows family to catch up and celebrate at the same time 🙂
Best Father’s Day Activities: More Ideas
- Go to the movies for an entire family day out
- Book a relaxing massage for dad
- Organize a Guys Night Out with his fellow dads
Simple and Easy to Achieve Father’s Day Celebration Ideas
I hope this list gave you ideas on what to do to celebrate your dads this Father’s Day. Choose one from these simple and doable activities or do a combination of both.
Also, check out Father’s Day Free Printable Bookmarks