A morning routine is a great way for you to get in touch with yourself before the busy and filled day that you face everyday. If you are a parent, an entrepreneur, an employee, or all of these combined, a morning routine will serve you in maintaining a calm and motivated mindset. Here are some Morning Routine Ideas for a Motivated Day.
The Perfect Morning Routine
While there are lots of information these days claiming that there is that one perfect morning routine, I think the best morning routine is the one that works for you.
A morning routine should nourish you and make you feel good. A morning routine should be tailored to your personality, to your passions. Most importantly, it has to be sustainable and enjoyable, otherwise it will be another set of tasks that you need to check off your to do list.
Think of it as a lovely time for you to spend time with yourself, before you get spread out in all directions by the people and things that need you each day.
It is your base, your assembly with yourself, prepping your mindset and setting a tone for the rest of the day. Indeed, a solid morning routine can be a great foundation for a motivated day- and it can serve you in the long run as well.
Morning Routine Ideas to Start your Day
Note that these are idea lists. You can craft a routine that is uniquely yours. You can pick out those that speak to you in each category. Try out ideas and see which ones you truly enjoy. Eventually, you will know which ones are right for you because you will look forward to doing them.
To Nourish the Body
- Morning Sip. Coffee, tea or lemon water. Anything nourishing that soothes you. This is your little practice to let your body know that you are here for yourself.
- Hydrate. Drink warm water first thing in the morning. Being hydrated all through out the day boosts your energy level and is beneficial to you over all health.
- Cook a Quick Nourishing Breakfast (or a good indulgent breakfast on some days!). There is something joyful about cooking for yourself. If you are a parent, look for some simple recipes you can make quickly for yourself (and your partner). Plate and serve it nicely, and enjoy every bite. This may require a bit of time, but it is worth the investment! I love a good avocado toast or a warm peanut butter oatmeal!
Move Your Body. Our body loves movement. Try walking, Yoga, running, cycling, light stretching or any form of movement that you enjoy and is accessible for you. Movement improves your mood and it makes you strong. Needless to say, it is a quick energy boost!
Inner Self Nourishments
- Meditate/ Quiet Time. This one is vital for me. I need so much inner life that I can go disoriented if I go on without one for days. Some realizations and insights that I need at any moment are best heard in my own silence. Try and see that a few moments of silence can do for you.
- Write in a Journal. For me, journaling is a mental dump so you can clear your head of any unnecessary thoughts when you go about your day. Sorted thoughts is a good mental decluttering and it makes you more open and present in the moment.
- Take Time for Gratitude. Write in a Gratitude Journal. Say little thanks mentally, for all the good things in your life. Gratitude sets the day with positivity and it allow you to cultivate joy instantly.
- Take Time for Some Affirmations. Affirmations take practice but they are beneficial to train yuor mind to be positive. Here are some Positive Affirmations for Anxiety if you are a the worrying type (like me!).
- Go out in Nature. I love the wind touching my face; The sight of trees dancing with the breeze. The sun rise. Nature is beautiful and being in its presence is like fuel to my well-being.
Take in Positive Contents
- Read a Few Pages of an Inspiring Book. It is amazing how some few inspirational lines from a book can change your perspective. Since not all of us have the luxury of time to read, a few pages each morning can also be a game changer.
- Watch a Short Inspiring Video. There are lots of inspirational videos on YouTube. Try listening to Tedtalks or any inspirational interviews.
- Listen To an Inspiring Podcast. My favorite are Oprah’s Super Soul Sundays, Marie Forleo and Chill and Prosper.
- Tip* Here are Short and Inspiring Contents to Start Your Day.
Look Your Best
- Care for Your Skin. Develop a skin care routine that your skin loves. Skin care does not have to be pricey. If you find a routine that agrees with your skin type, stick with it.
- Beautify. Whatever beautify means to you. I think it is important that we take time to look our best. For me as a work from home mom, I find it vital to still make an effort to look pleasant. A swipe of lipstick, or sometimes a quick hair curl, elevates my motivation and make me feel more able to take on the day.
- Dress for Success. How we look, like a good posture, does affects our confidence. The way you present yourself radiates an energy that will linger with you all throughout the day. It better be empowering and pleasant.
Manage the Day’s Task
- Have an Overview of Your Day’s Tasks. It is important to have a crystal clear view of what you need to accomplish. It allows you to focus and manage your time well.
- Know your Priorities for the Day. This is so you are not spread too thin trying to do everything all at once. When you know which tasks are more important, you will be able to determine how a day looks like in terms of work loads.